Monday, July 27, 2009

Dialog new detail bill format good for company and customer

A few months ago, to reduce costs, Dialog trumped up the "environment" card whereby it requested customers to shift to a summary bill instead of the detailed bill to "help save trees". The obvious truth is, it was motivated by the need to reduce costs, rather than save the environment.

I take a number of calls and I send a few hundred SMS a month, so my bill contained about 20 pages. So I shifted to the summary bill - because I wanted to help Dialog save some money (which is arguably good for us customers in the long run).

Somehow or other, their systems are screwed - and I still get the detailed bill - but they have shifted to a new format. Difficult to explain using words, but they have reduced the font size, but printed it "bold", and instead of having only one column displaying say the numbers that I have made calls to, now they have two columns. I find this particular cost cutting method both helpful for the company, and to us customers. Why didn't they think of this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment